2 packages Wafer Limão [Lemon Wafer], cut in half
1 can condensed milk and zest of 1 lemon
5 tablespoons lemon juice
½ cup (100ml) heavy cream
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons sugar
½ cup (100ml) heavy cream and seeds of 2 passion fruits
Variation: If the passion fruit is very sour, heat the seeds with 1 tablespoon of sugar for 1 or 2 minutes. Let it cool down and pour over the pie.
Tip: If you wish, pour over the marshmallow with a pastry bag.
Calories per serving: 237 kcal
Makes 12-15 servings
- Cover the bottom and the side of a springform round baking pan (21 cm diameter) with Lemon Wafer in pieces. Then, prepare the lemon filling.
- In a deep bowl, whisk together condensed milk, zest, lemon juice and heavy cream. Pour the filling over the cookies.
- Prepare the marshmallow, mix well in a small pan sugar with ½ cup of water and simmer without stirring until getting a soft thread stage syrup.
- Beat the egg whites and slowly pour the syrup in it, constantly stirring until the mixture cools down. Add the cream and stir gently.
- Pour marshmallow over the lemon filling, pour the passion fruit seeds and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve chilled.