1 cup (240ml) milk
4 tablespoons (40g) wheat flour
1 and a half tablespoon (30g) butter cut into small pieces
3 egg yolks (75g)
50g Parmesan cheese, grated
Salt, black pepper and grated nutmeg
2 egg whites (70g)
16 Magic Toast
100g Parma ham, sliced
Makes 16 canapés
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Tip: To facilitate the removal of puddings from the pan, run a knife on the side.
Variation: Sprinkle chopped gorgonzola cheese on the puddings.
- In a saucepan, add the milk and flour, mix until flour is totally dissolved and bring to simmer, constantly stirring until obtaining a thick cream.
- Remove from heat and add butter, mixing until completely melted.
- Beat the yolks with a fork with the cheese and add the yolk and parmesan cream to the white cream.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Gently add the whipped egg whites.
- Grease 16 muffin cups (about 50 ml each) and fill to 2/3 of its capacity.
- Distribute on a baking pan and fill up to 2/3 of the muffin cups with hot water.
- Bake in a preheated moderate oven (180°C) for about 15 minutes or until the puddings are firm.
- Remove from water and unmold when warm.
- Put 1 piece of ham on each Magic Toast and on the center of the pudding.
- Serve immediately.