1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
3 tablespoons (60g) chopped onion
Half cup (60g) sugar peas cut into pieces of 1 cm
Half cup (70g) string beans cut into pieces of 2 cm
Half cup (70g) fresh pea
Oil for frying
8 quail eggs (80g)
8 units Magic Toast
8 anchovies (24g), cut in half
Tips: Use anchovies preserved in oil/olive oil and not preserved in coarse salt.
Replace fresh peas by frozen pea. Anchovy – from the herring family, small sea fish, measuring about 12 cm long and strong taste.
Fillets preserved in brine are known as alice (Italian) or aliche. They are found preserved in oil or tomato sauce, bulk, dried and salted, whole or in fillets. – Pequeno Dicionário da Gastronomia – Maria Lucia Gomensoro
Variation: Replace anchovies by Parmesan cheese.
- Heat the olive oil and gently fry the onion. Add sugar peas, string beans and peas
- Cook at length over low heat.
- Add about ¼ cup of water and season with salt.
- Cover the pan and cook over low heat until vegetables are cooked. Fried egg:
- In a small skillet, heat the oil and fry the eggs (2 at a time).
- Sprinkle salt on the surface of the eggs while being fried.
- On each Magic Toast, put 1 tablespoon of hot stew and the fried egg on it.
- Garnish with 2 strips of anchovies. Serve immediately.