1 package (400g) Biscoito Maizena [Cornstarch Cookies]
3/4 cup (200g) butter or margarine at room temperature
250g fresh ricotta, passed through the sieve
1 ½ cup (300 ml) heavy cream
2 cups (340g) sugar
4 cup mango pulp (about 3 mangos, chopped, processed and passed through the sieve)
Zest of 1 lemon
2 envelopes (12g) unflavored gelatin dissolved according to the package directions
100g dark chocolate, chopped
1 package (375g) Biscoito Tortinhas Sabor [Tortinhas Cookies]
Calories per serving: 564 kcal
Makes 12-15 servings
- Prepare the dough putting the Cornstarch Cookies in the processor and beat until crumbly.
- Pour into a deep bowl, add the butter or margarine and knead with your fingers to connect everything. Then, put the Chocolate Tortinhas Cookies on the sides with the stuffed part facing out.
- Line only the bottom of a springform pan (27 cm diameter) and bake in moderate oven (180°C) for about 15 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mango filling. In a deep bowl, mix together the ricotta, heavy cream and sugar. Gradually add the mango pulp and lemon zest, stirring gently.
- Add the dissolved gelatin, stir again and pour the filling over the dough.
- Finally, sprinkle chopped chocolate over the surface and take the cake to the fridge for about 3 hours or until it is firm.