Margarine and sugar to grease and sprinkle
3 medium pears (about 450g)
1 cup (200g) margarine
1 package (400g) Biscoito Maria [Maria Cookies]
1 cup (180g) sugar and half teaspoon vanilla extract
Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Makes 10-12 servings.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Tip: Beat the cookies using the pulse button, adding them gradually to the blender jar.
Variation: Make the sweet without fruit and serve it with passion fruit sauce.
Heat 1 cup of sugar with half a cup of water. When beginning to thicken, add about half a cup of fresh passion fruit seed.
- Grease a round baking pan (about 25cm diameter) with margarine and sprinkle with sugar.
- Peel the pears and cut them into thick slices (about 1.5 cm) vertically, distribute them on the bottom of the baking pan and set aside.
- Heat the margarine in a water bath or microwave oven until melted and set aside. Beat the Maria Cookies in a blender until you have a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, Beat the whole eggs and sugar at high speed until it starts to foam and you get a white cream (about 10 minutes).
- Add the melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the ground cookies mixture.
- Pour the batter into the pan aside.
- Bake in preheated moderate oven (180°C) for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick sticking up in the batter comes out clean. Let it cool down, unmold and serve the cake with ice cream.